Call For Papers!
The 1st ACM Workshop on Millimeter Wave Networks and Sensing Systems is focused on the design and implementation of new millimeter wave protocols and networks. The workshop's scope ranges from mmWave networks that can enable multi-Gbps wireless connectivity for 5G and WLANs to new mmWave sensing and imaging systems. The goal is to identify and solve key challenges facing millimeter wave systems. The workshop will bring together researchers from industry and academia to set the future research agenda of millimeter wave networks and sensing systems. Researchers working on mmWave systems, communications, networking, hardware designs, and mobile applications will present innovative ideas that have the potential to grow to full fledged mmWave systems that realize the vision of extremely high data rate wireless connectivity.
We solicit papers with new original unpublished ideas in millimeter wave networking and sensing systems. Submissions will be judged by their technical merit through a peer review process by the Technical Program Committee. All papers will be considered for the Best Paper Award.
Topics of InterestWe invite submissions in a wide range of millimeter wave research including but not limited to:
- Novel mmWave PHY, MAC and Transport protocols
- Cross layer mmWave protocols
- Mechanisms to support Mobility and Tracking
- Beamforming and MU-MIMO in mmWave
- Cellular mmWave systems: 5G, picocells, wireless backhaul
- Novel mmWave network architecture
- New mmWave Research Platforms
- Measurement studies using mmWave systems
- Sensing, localization and gesture tracking using mmWave
- Medical uses of mmWave for vital sign monitoring and imaging
- Battery free mmWave backscatter systems
- Design and application of mmWave for the Internet of things
- New mmWave applications: virtual reality, V2X, data centers,...
- Paper Submission Deadline (Extended):
July 7th 2017July 14 2017 (11:59 PM EST)
- Notification of Acceptance: July 28 2017
- Camera Ready Deadline: August 4 2017
- Workshop Date: October 16th 2017